The Shibuya Incident arc in Jujutsu Kaisen Season 2 is known for its shocking deaths. In this arc, various characters meet their demise, including Jujutsu sorcerers and cursed spirits.
Deaths in Jujutsu Kaisen Season 2
One of the most shocking deaths is that of Nanami, a fan-favorite character. He faces off against Mahito once again, but this time he is cruelly killed by Mahito right in front of Yuji Itadori. The purpose of this act is to manipulate Yuji’s emotions.
Among the cursed spirits, the following meet their end:
– Hanami is ruthlessly exorcised by Gojo.
– Jogo is ultimately killed by Sukuna.
– Mahito is “killed” by Kenjaku, who swallows him.
– Dagon is fought by multiple jujutsu sorcerers, including Maki Zenin, Naobito Zenin, Kento Nanami, and Megumi Fushiguro, but it is Toji who defeats it.
– The Grasshopper Curse, a new antagonist introduced in the Shibuya arc, is defeated by Yuji Itadori.
– The Smallpox Deity, another new antagonist, is a special grade disease cursed spirit that is defeated by Mei Mei and her younger brother, Ui Ui.
Among the cursed users, several characters die:
– Haruta Shigemo is dragged into the fight between Sukuna and Mahoraga and dies as a result of Sukuna’s Domain Expansion.
– Mimiko and Nanako, followers of Geto, also die due to Sukuna’s actions.
– Ogami and her unnamed grandson get involved in a fight with Takuma Ino. Ogami’s ability allows her to change her grandson’s body to that of Toji Fushiguro. Eventually, Toji takes complete control of the grandson’s body and kills Ogami. In a separate instance, Toji battles Megumi and ends up killing himself.
Additionally, Niji Ebina, a cursed user, is defeated by Mei Mei.
These deaths in the Shibuya Incident arc of Jujutsu Kaisen Season 2 add to the intensity and stakes of the story. Fans can expect a gripping and emotional rollercoaster as these characters meet their fates in the anime adaptation.