Barbie continues to dominate the domestic box office for the fourth consecutive week, earning $33 million in its fourth weekend and bringing its total to an impressive $526.3 million. With its worldwide gross of $1.183 billion, the Greta Gerwig-directed film is closing in on becoming the highest-grossing film of 2023, just $200 million away from surpassing The Super Mario Bros. Movie.
Holds Her Ground Against Dracula at the Box Office
The Last Voyage of the Demeter, a horror film with a budget of $45 million, did not fare as well in its debut weekend, earning only $6.5 million. Despite being the only notable thriller on the market, the film failed to generate much hype and received mixed reactions from critics and viewers.
Christopher Nolan’s Oppenheimer continues its successful run, earning an additional $18.8 million in its fourth frame. The biopic’s domestic total now stands at $264.2 million, and its worldwide gross has reached an incredible $649 million, including $75.8 million from IMAX screenings.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem and The Meg 2, which were released the previous week, held well in their sophomore frames. The former earned $15.7 million, bringing its total to $72.7 million, while the latter brought in $12.7 million, increasing its domestic total to $54.5 million.
Here is the full list of the top 10 films at the domestic box office:
1. Barbie – $33.7 million ($526.3 million total, 4 weeks)
2. Oppenheimer – $18.8 million ($264.2 million total, 4 weeks)
3. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem – $15.7 million ($72.7 million total, 2 weeks)
4. The Meg 2 – $12.7 million ($54.5 million total, 2 weeks)
5. Last Voyage of the Demeter – $6.5 million (1 week)
6. Haunted Mansion – $5.6 million ($52.8 million total, 3 weeks)
7. Talk to Me – $5.1 million ($31.3 million total, 3 weeks)
8. Sound of Freedom – $4.83 million ($172.8 million total, 7 weeks)
9. Mission: Impossible – Dead Reckoning – $4.66 million ($159.55 million total, 5 weeks)
10. Jailer – $2.5 million (1 week)
Overall, Barbie continues to impress at the box office, while The Last Voyage of the Demeter disappoints. Christopher Nolan’s Oppenheimer continues to attract audiences, and other recent releases, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutant Mayhem and The Meg 2, hold well in their second week.